The Plans & Operations Branch coordinates and synchronizes day-to-day and future operations for the garrison while maintaining situational awareness across the entire installation and area of responsibility. It also provides technical expertise and leadership to ensure quality, timely and accurate collection and reporting to higher, adjacent and subordinate headquarters using classified and unclassified systems. The branch receives, analyzes, recommends and disseminates timely and appropriate resources to internal and external requests for manpower, equipment and or services.
The Plans & Operations Branch ensures the installation maintains 24/7 capability as required for situational awareness (SA) and Common Operating Picture (COP) of critical information and events, allowing the Garrison and Senior Commander the ability to make informed and timely decisions.
During a large-scale emergency or crisis, the Emergency Operations Center activates communications channels, which keep our communities posted about the emergency and any action that should be taken to minimize the impact of the emergency. The information channels include:
Announcements made via AFN Benelux,
ALERT! Mass Notification and Warning System,
Giant Voice (intercom), and
Tenant command and agency telephone alerting / recalls.
- Installation tasking authority, serves as a functional integrator and synchronizer throughout U.S. Army Garrison Benelux
- Maintains a common operating picture
- Conducts mission analysis of OPORDs and directives from higher headquarters
- Maintains the Benelux Emergency Operation Center (EOC)
- Provides mission command for emergency management response and consequence management operations
- Coordinates and publishes garrison OPORDs and directives