LEGAL ASSISTANCE UPDATE:
Note: OUR EMAIL BOX IS CURRENTLY DOWN. ALL LEGAL ASSISTANCE REQUESTS MUST BE MADE BY PHONE.
Effective Monday, 1 June 2021, the Legal Assistance Office will provide notary and power of attorney services subject to the following restrictions:
5. Clients will be served in line-up order.
6. While waiting, clients must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance from other parties.
7. Only one client will be admitted at a time and only by direction of the legal assistance team.
8. No third parties (friends / children / guests) will be admitted into the building or waiting area (clients only).
9. Once admitted to the building, clients must follow the instructions of the legal assistance team.
10. No real estate closings will be notarized during this time
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Who We Serve:
Active Duty Service members, retirees, and their dependents, as well as Reservists and civilians preparing for deployments. Our office does not provide advice to Retirees on divorce or family law cases. These services can be restricted based on status and current conditions, please contact the office to verify what services can be provided if you are not Active Duty or an Active Duty family member.
9990 Belvoir Drive
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Attorney consultations are from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only.
Notary/Power of Attorney Services are from 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, (no appointments needed). Home Closing Documents do require an appointment to be made.
Closed Holidays and Weekends