LEGAL ASSISTANCE UPDATE:
THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED ON THURSDAY, 18 FEBRUARY DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER. WE WILL NEXT BE OPEN ON TUESDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2021.
Effective Monday, 23 November 2020, the Legal Assistance Office will provide notary and power of attorney services subject to the following restrictions:
5. Clients will be served in line-up order.
6. While waiting, clients must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance from other parties.
7. Only one client will be admitted at a time and only by direction of the legal assistance team.
8. No third parties (friends / children / guests) will be admitted into the building or waiting area (clients only).
9. Once admitted to the building, clients must follow the instructions of the legal assistance team.
10. No real estate closings will be notarized during this time
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Who We Serve:
Active Duty Service members, retirees, and their dependents, as well as Reservists and civilians preparing for deployments. Our office does not provide advice to Retirees on divorce or family law cases.
9990 Belvoir Drive
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Attorney consultations are from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only.
Notary/Power of Attorney Services are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays (no appointments needed). Home Closing Documents do require an appointment to be made.
Closed Holidays and Weekends