Tulley Gate is the main entrance to the installation for all visitors without a Department of Defense ID Card. Tulley Gate is open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is home to the Visitor Control Center (VCC).
After hours, visitors must enter through Lieber Gate, located across from Pence Gate and the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, off of Richmond Highway.
All commercial vehicles must enter through Lieber Gate, open 24-hours, 7 days a week.
From Washington DC (1-95 South)
- If you are traveling south on 1-95, take the Fairfax Parkway/Backlick Road (286) exit 166 A.
- Take the Fairfax County Parkway to its end at U.S. Rt. 1 (Richmond Highway.)
- Turn left.
- At the first light, on the right, is the entrance for Tulley Gate on to Fort Belvoir.
- Tulley Gate is the main entrance to the post for visitors. All visitors without a Department of Defense ID card must use Tulley Gate Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. After hours, visitors must use Lieber Gate.
- For information about gate access, click here or call the VPOC at (703) 806-4892.
From Richmond (1-95 North)
- If you are traveling north on 1-95 North, take the Fort Belvoir Exit 161 B. (U.S. Rt 1 -- Richmond Highway)
- You will travel five miles to Fort Belvoir.
- Continue through the light at the Fairfax County Parkway (286). At the next stop light, on the right side you will see the entrance for Tulley Gate, turn right.