Tulley Gate is the main entrance to the installation for all visitors without a Department of Defense ID Card and all commercial vehicles. Tulley Gate is open 7 days a week, 24-hours. The Visitor Center (VCC), located next to Tulley Gate, is open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From Washington DC (1-95 South)
- If you are traveling south on 1-95, take the Fairfax Parkway/Backlick Road (286) exit 166 A.
- Take the Fairfax County Parkway to its end at U.S. Rt. 1 (Richmond Highway.)
- Turn left.
- At the first light, on the right, is the entrance for Tulley Gate on to Fort Belvoir.
- Tulley Gate is the main entrance to the post for visitors. All visitors without a Department of Defense ID card must use Tulley Gate Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. After hours, visitors must use Lieber Gate.
- For information about gate access, click here or call the VPOC at (703) 806-4892.
From Richmond (1-95 North)
- If you are traveling north on 1-95 North, take the Fort Belvoir Exit 161 B. (U.S. Rt 1 -- Richmond Highway)
- You will travel five miles to Fort Belvoir.
- Continue through the light at the Fairfax County Parkway (286). At the next stop light, on the right side you will see the entrance for Tulley Gate, turn right.