September 3, 2020
The Fort Belvoir temporary on-post curfew for minors has been changed to 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Minors 17 years of age or younger may not be in a public place on Fort Belvoir after 10 p.m. or before 6 a.m., with exceptions. Read the full temporary policy memorandum here.
June 29, 2020
By order of MG Omar Jones, JFHQ-NCR/MDW Commanding General, Fort Belvoir's Health Protection Condition (HPCON) has downgraded to HPCON Bravo, effective today, June 29, 12:01 a.m. MG Jones has also lifted the Public Health Emergency for Fort Belvoir.
Reopening dates for Fort Belvoir facilities/services will be posted on our social media platforms and website once they have been determined.
As a reminder, Face coverings are still required at the Exchange and Commissary and it is required that everyone wear face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, according to DoD Guidance.
May 7, 2020
April 15, 2020
The Fort Belvoir Garrison Commander has implemented Fort Belvoir Temporary Policy Memo #4 - Face Coverings and Enhanced Screenings. Face coverings will be REQUIRED to enter the following locations: Exchange (to include Shoppettes, Class Six, food establishments, concessionaires, and any other areas in which you cannot maintain a six foot distance), Commissary, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, ID Card Office, post offices and Child Development Centers.
CLOSURES, POSTPONEMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
Fort Belvoir continues to increase protection measures on post to keep service members, families, civilian employees and others safe as the COVID-19 virus spreads. The following is a list of on-post closures related to the COVID-19 outbreak in Virginia. This page will be updated with new information as it becomes available.
Fort Belvoir Commissary:
Effective Friday, April 17, face coverings are required for entry into the Commissary.
The Fort Belvoir Commissary will begin 100% I.D. card checks at the entrance of the store. They have revoked the visitor policy to reduce the number of people in the store and help with social distancing and crowd control. Additionally, they have eliminated "early bird" shopping hours to allow more time for cleaning and re-stocking. The Click2Go service is still being offered. The Commissary will operate Mon-Fri 0900-2100, Saturday 0800-2000 and Sunday 0900-1900. For the latest, up-to-date information on what DeCA is doing during this time, visit their website here.
DFMWR COVID-19 Updates
The novel coronavirus outbreak is evolving on a daily basis. Family and MWR is working with USAG Fort Belvoir leadership to determine how the latest information affects Family and MWR facilities and events. This will result in cancellations of some events, programs and services.
ID Card Policy Update:
Effective July 23rd, Walk-In Service (no appointment required) will be available every Thursday at the ID Card Facility for the following Fort Belvoir Customers ONLY:
- Uniformed Service Members
- Federal Employees
- Government Contractors
Schedule: Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed for Lunch: 12 - 1:30 p.m. (last customer 11:30 a.m.)
For questions, call the ID Card Facility at 703-805-5578.
Effective Friday, April 17, face coverings are required for entry into the ID Card Facility.
The Fort Belvoir ID Card Facility will continue to operate under regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.) by appointment ONLY. To minimize the number of non-essential required visits, the following guidance is in effect through September 30, 2020:
Common Access Cards (CAC)
-The Defense Department has changed the process to allow service members and civilians to temporarily extend the life of their cards. These extended cards that appear expired on their face can continue to be used for access to benefits, including health care and entry to installations and buildings and to systems and networks. Common Access Cards, known as CACs, that expire on or after April 16, 2020, and are within 30 days of expiration can have the certificates updated online using ID Card Office Online to allow for continued use for logical access through Sept. 30. Individuals must extend their certificates before the printed expiration date on their CAC.
- CAC transactions will be limited to initial issuance.
- CACs will not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
- The policy memorandum, allowing transferring DoD civilian employees to retain their CAC, will be reissued
- Guidance on downloading certificates to extend validity of current CAC is due to be issued by DoD the week of April 13th
Uniformed Services ID Cards (USID) such as Dependent and Retiree cards
- If a cardholder's affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued benefit use through September 30, 2020.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility will be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reservists and their eligible dependents.
- Replace lost CAC or ID Cards.
- Initial DEERS enrollment.
-Pin resets of an emergency nature are the only service that will be seen without an appointment. All other services, to include lost cards, require an appointment at this facility. There are other facilities within the NCR that may not require appointments.
Additional information on CAC and USID card issuance and renewal changes is available at www.CAC.mil/coronavirus.
Visit their Facebook page here for more information.
All playgrounds on Fort Belvoir are closed until further notice. Visit the Villages at Belvoir's Facebook page here for more information.
Virginia Department of Veterans Services Office at Fort Belvoir:
• The SunTrust Bank is operating by drive through only.
USO Warrior and Family Center Fort Belvoir:
• Effective Tuesday, July 7th, the USO Warrior and Family Center is open to active duty service members and their dependents Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Effective Friday, April 17, face coverings are required for entry into the post offices.
Virtual Town Halls
Click the links to view Fort Belvoir's Virtual COVID-19 Town Halls
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Beneficiary Guidance
If there is concern you or a family member may have been exposed to COVID-19, please follow the CDC's most recent guidance. You may also conduct a Self-Screen for COVID-19 to reduce the risk of transmission by using the following questions to identify if you are at risk:
1. Do you have a fever, or cough, or shortness of breath?
2. Have you been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have traveled overseas?
If the answer is YES to both questions, you may be at risk for COVID-19. BEFORE going to Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, the ER, or your health care provider, please call FBCH's Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-874-2273, Option 1 or call your health care provider.