Please note: Information below is for localized information for APG Garrison employees. These are strictly guidelines and any specific questions should be directed to your incoming command, unit or organization.

Civilian In-Processing

Please contact your individual organizations Civilian Personnel Representative for specific civilian in-processing procedures or visit the APG Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) page. Contractor personnel are advised through their hiring agency and/or their civilian sponsor at their incoming organization. Check with your contracting officer for more information.

Military In-Processing

Building 4305, Aberdeen Area/APG North

Janet M. Barr Soldier Support Center

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Closed federal holidays and weekends

All Soldiers are to report to the Military Personnel Office at 8:00 a.m. the first duty day following their arrival. In-processing activities include: Officer/Enlisted Record update, Casualty document update, Soldier Readiness Processing, DEERS/RAPIDS update, medical, dental, housing, transportation, education, Army Community Service, finance in-processing.

Soldier should have:

  • Orders and amendments (if applicable)
  • Completed DA Form 31 (Leave Form) - Note: should have completed the arrival transaction through eMILPO
  • Documents to update DEERS/RAPIDS (if applicable – Births, Marriage, Divorce while in transit)
  • Documentation to complete Officer/Enlisted Records Brief and individual iPERMS Audit

Housing Assistance: Service Members are required to report to the Housing Services Office (HSO) at their existing and new duty stations before making arrangements to rent, lease, or purchase off-post housing. Service Members are further advised not to send monetary deposits for housing prior to contacting the HSO.

Permissive TDY (PTDY): Service members on PTDY for house hunting in conjunction with permanent change of station leave are no longer required to report to the HSO on the first day of PTDY to receive a housing date stamp.

Effective March 29, 2018: The Department of the Army has rescinded the requirement for garrison housing services offices to date stamp PTDY for house hunting. The local Installation Defense Finance and Accounting Agency (DFAS) will ensure that Service Members have procured the date stamp. Please refer to the Memorandum and Military Pay E-Message 18-038 at, for more information.

Sponsorship Program

Once assigned to APG, it is essential that soldiers and civilians fill out the Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet (DA Form 5434) 

E-mail the completed form to the APG Installation Sponsorship Program Manager at For assistance, call 410-278-0944, DSN 458-0944.

The Army Community Service (ACS) agency provides relocating personnel with counseling, welcome packets and pre-move destination information. For assistance with relocation, visit the APG MWR website to locate an acs representative.

Sponsorship Survey

To help refine and improve the Total Army Sponsorship Program all soldiers and civilians are required to complete the in processing survey.

External site: in-processing survey