The mission of the Military Personnel Division in Ansbach is to provide the high quality, timely and accurate military personnel service to our units, tenant organizations, Soldiers and their family members assigned to the U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach footprint by providing quality customer service in the areas of reassignment processing, to include deletions, deferments and family travel, administrative service support and personnel actions.




The Army Garrison Ansbach Casualty Program Services, as an extension of the Europe and Africa Casualty Assistance Center, assists and supports families in an emotionally stressful time of bereavement, and provides training and resources to all Soldiers serving in casualty notification or assistance and dedicated professionals assisting family members in their greatest time of need.

Retirement Services

The mission of U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach Retirement Services Program is to keep retired Soldiers and their family members updated on their benefits and entitlements after retirement with the goal of ensuring retiring and retired Soldiers remain Soldiers for Life and support the Army wherever they live.  DSN: 467-3296, CIV: 09802-83-3296

The Central Processing Facility handles in- and out-processing for incoming and outgoing Soldiers at U.S. Army
The mission of the ID Card and DEERS section is to ensure enrollment of all eligible Department of Defense beneficiaries in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and to provide Common Access Card issuance to service members, retirees and their family members as well as to federal civilian employees and contract employees.
Important: According to the State Department, all U.S. military-affiliated personnel in Germany must apply for passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad through their local U.S. military installation passport office.
Passports are renewable one year prior to the expiration date. European countries require 6 months remaining on the passport to make entry, plan accordingly. Make your appointment to renew your passport 8-9 months before expiration. Passport agents will make a copy of all your passports and certify that they have seen the originals. For most renewals, you retain your current passport until the new one arrives at the Passport Office. Exceptions: Initial applications and Lost/Stolen/Mutilated require an original birth certificate and reports of birth abroad require all original documents to be sent to the Frankfurt Consulate.  There is no expediting of passports. 


For more information, visit Passport and SOFA services.

SOFA STAMPS in No-Fee/Official Passports are the approved solution for dependents and civilians and expire when the passport does. SOFA cards are the work-around, if there is no stamp. The SOFA card is issued to the highest held passport and expires the earliest of end-of-tour, ID card expiration, or passport expiration. It is not transferrable to another passport and it is illegal to have both a stamp and a card.
SOFA: Active duty proof of SOFA is ID Card and orders. Dependents and Civilians have 90 days to obtain proof of SOFA after arrival. If SOFA expires, you revert to tourist status and again have up to 90 days to obtain a new proof of SOFA.


The Soldier for Life - Transition Assistance Program provides pre-separation counseling, transition and employment assistance services to Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Soldiers and Airmen, Department of Defense civilians who are considering or preparing to depart the military and all work age family members of each of the above groups.
No matter how many times you've PCSed or even if you've been assigned to U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach before, you need to make contact with your sponsor to make sure you're aware of the latest in-processing policies and requirements before you arrive.
CBA Statement: CBA