673 ABW/JA Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson

The information provided here is designed to acquaint you with available legal assistance services. If you have a legal problem, or a potential legal problem, don't hesitate to see your legal assistance officer. Please see below to find out who is eligible for legal assistance, what kind of help is available and where you can go for assistance.

Who is eligible for legal assistance?

Eligible beneficiaries includes: Active Duty Members. Including the following on Title 10 orders: Air Force Reserve, Air Force National Guard, USAF Academy Cadets and Contract Reserve Officer Training Corps Cadets. Retirees and dependents are also eligible beneficiaries. This list also includes victims of crimes. ARF and ANG NOT in an active training status can receive the following services: wills, medical directives, POA, SCRA, USERRA, and notary services.

What kind of help can I get?

The list below is not meant to be exhaustive. We can see clients for the following legal topics, including but not limited to:

  • Consumer/Financial Affairs: Automobiles, Bankruptcy, Consumer Fraud, Contracts, Credit Protection, Military Sentinel, Identity Theft
  • Family Law: Adoption, Dependent Support, Divorce and Separation, Marriage, Name Change, Child Custody
  • Immigration/Naturalization - Powers of Attorney - Real Property: Landlord-Tenant and Real Estate - Personal
  • Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
  • Taxation: Personal Income Tax, Legal Residency/Domicile, Deployment and Tax Exclusions
  • Voting
  • Wills and Estate Planning
  • Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
  • VA Benefits

Where can I go to get help?

  • If you are filling out a will worksheet, please note your ticket number and call 552-3048 to give the legal clerk your will ticket number.  Failure to do so prevents your documents from being drafted prior to your appointment time and could prolong your visit.
  • If you are filling out a power of attorney worksheet, make note of your ticket number and bring that with you when you come in for your power of attorney.
  • You can make an appointment to meet with an attorney in either the 673 ABW Legal Office (located in the People Center - tel. 552-3046) or the Richardson Legal Assistance Office (located in Building #600 - tel. 384-0371). Walk-in services are available in Building 600 on Wednesdays from 0830-1200 and 1300-1630.
  • For notary and power of attorney services, you can come to the 673 ABW Legal Office (located in the People Center) Monday through Friday from 0830-1630; or to the Richardson Legal Assistance Office (Building #600) Monday-Friday from 0830-1200 and 1300-1630. Closed on the third Thursday of the month from 1200-1630.