Coordinates, conducts and facilitates detailed monthly Pre-Retirement group briefings for all retiring Soldiers including Medical. Family members are highly encouraged to attend.
- Conducts one-on-one Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) counseling for all retiring Soldiers and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk side) Pre-Retirement briefings as needed.
- Completes DD Form 2656, Data for Payment of Retired Personnel.
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
Military retirement ceremonies offer friends, colleagues and others to thank the retiring veteran for his or her service and sacrifice. They are solemn occasions although humorous recollections about the retiree's experience in service are usually encouraged.
The formal ceremony usually has the following elements:
- reading of the retirees' biography
- presentation of a certificate of service for the military member, a United States flag and lapel pin
- presentation of a certificate of service for the spouse
We require 15 to 20 digital photos that reflect the retiree's career or personal interest.
As soon as you know you want to participate in a ceremony, contact your RSO who will make the arrangements.
Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers and Soldiers who die on active duty regarding their SBP options and entitlements and the proper processing of their SBP elections. This includes counseling on Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day.
- Publishes/mails retiree invite/newsletter to Retiree Appreciation Day at least annually.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses" (ACMSS), also known as "Forgotten Widows".
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and family members in obtaining: copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, retirement orders and medical records); re-issuance of military awards; and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits/entitlements including Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical/dental; Social Security/Medicare benefits; and others.
- Provide assistance with establishing myPay accounts.
Other Post-Retirement Services available:
The following services are provided using the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Cleveland (DFAS-CL) Defense Retired/Annuity Pay System (DRAS):
- View retired Soldier's pay account
- View annuitant's pay account
- Change allotments
- Change beneficiary information
- Change mailing address
- Change bank information
- Change tax filing and withholding status
- Request copies of form 1099-R for tax filing purposes
- Request copies of the Retired Account Statement