What is MEDDAC-AK?
Simply put, we are Army Medicine in Alaska. We provide medical support over 585,000 square miles with split operations between Ft. Wainwright, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson and Ft. Greely, with additional support to the people at Eielson Air Force Base and Clear Air Force Base.
MEDDAC-AK headquarters is at Bassett Army Community Hospital located at Ft. Wainwright, where the majority of our 25,000 beneficiaries receive their medical care, to include Family Members and Retirees from all branches of service. Active duty Soldiers receive care across post at Kamish Army Medical Home.
Soldiers assigned to Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson receive their care at the JBER Army Medical Home while their family members and retires in the area receive their care from the 673rd Hospital on the Air Force side of the installation.
Our newest and smallest clinic is located at Ft. Greely. The Ft. Greely Army Medical Home, which opened in 2016, sees Soldiers, their Family Members, Retirees and VA patients in the area.
- Emergency: 911
- 24 Hour Nurse Advice Line: 1-800-874-2273 Opt. 1
- Appointment Line: 361-4000
- Behavioral Health: 361-6059
- Benefits Advisor: 361-5656
- Immunizations: 361-5456
- Information Desk: 361-5172
- Patient Advocate: 361-5291
- Pharmacy Refills: 361-5803
- Tricare On-Line: www.tricareonline.com
- United Health Care: uhcmilitarywest.com, 877-988-9378